Memorial Day barbecues have been lit, and summer is officially upon us. As temperatures rise and people are spending more time grilling and soaking up the sun outdoors, how can you capture their attention with your email subject lines?
While there’s a lot on your seasonal to-do list – rooftop parties, trips to the beach and picnics in the park among them – your email subject lines could use a little summer lovin’ too. To provide inspiration, we’ve put together a list of 50 sunshiny and seasonal subject lines. Plus, we’ve got three bonus tips to help you create your own fun-in-the-sun subject lines.
Remember, a subject line is just as important as the email itself because it’s the first thing people see in their inbox. Use these sizzlin’ subject line ideas to get your emails the attention they deserve.
50 summer subject lines
- Entertain the idea of a perfect summer weekend | Crate and Barrel
- 4 reasons to eat what you want this 4th of July | Methodology
- Meet your summer loves | LOFT
- Summer Berry Desserts in Red, White, and Blue | Fine Cooking
- Spend summer in Hawaii | Hawaiian Airlines
- See your summer donation in action | Make-A-Wish
- When it heat waves, we flash sale | uforia studios
- Summer Yoga Special! | Moksha Life Center
- Vitamin Sea | Athleta
- Summer clearance: up to 40% off everything you need for a great season | NORDSTROM
- Happy 4th! Sizzling deals from $ 2, $ 4, $ 6 & $ 8 + take 60% off all swim today | Old Navy
- Summer savings: Prime Day countdown deals | Amazon
- The summer drink of my dreams | Tori Ritchie
- Save $ 100 during our Beach Sale* | America Airlines
- Energy Advisor: Ready to reduce summer energy costs? | PG&E
- Have Your Best 4th Yet | Greatist
- All-summer-long outfits + Sale’s on Sale | Anthropologie
- #Summerbeats Giveaway | eatsa
- 6 ways to protect your skin this summer | Coppertone
- Rise And Shine, It’s Beach Time | Yelp
- Feel the sunshine with 50% off summer styles + Free shipping | H&M
- 15 Recipes for the Perfect Cookout This Weekend | Panna
- Swimwear to Make a Splash | Barneys New York
- Happy Solstice! Organic Melon, Splash Pluots & Lemon Cucumbers | Good Eggs
- Big Summer Savings – Extra 20% Off Siteview | LivingSocial
- For ALL your summer plans | Banana Republic
- Man, I LOVE a good glass of Chard It’s like sunshine in a bottle! | Underground Cellars
- Keep It Bright ‘n Tight | Barry’s Bootcamp
- $ 29.99 & up dresses are on. The BBQ can wait. | Rue La La
- Spring into Summer – 24 hr Flash Sale! | Wheel House
- Daily Skimm: Red, white, and winning | theSkimm
- The temperature is ↑ but prices are ↓! | IKEA
- $ 0.49 Organic Corn – Order for Memorial Day! | GrubMarket
- Get your summer faves ASAP | Gap
- Red, White and Blue Foods for the Fourth of July | Food & Wine
- This is the hottest fitness fashion right now | Well+Good
- Happy Birthday, America! | Express
- Vitamins and Your Health – My Health Online Newsletter: Water Safety | Palo Alto Medical Foundation
- 20% off splash-making swimwear ends tomorrow! | Victoria’s Secret
- Vacation is calling… | Zappos
- #LoveMovesUs | Uber
- Proud To Be An American | Under Armour
- Hurry, TDM Summer Special Expires TONIGHT | Summer Schedule Changes | The Dailey Method
- Get the scoop: James Beard Winners, Best Outdoor Dining and more! | OpenTable
- Your dog needs a beach body too | AtoZPetGroomers
- Red, white, and you | Fabletics
- Bikinis and Tear-Away Trunks… | Chubbies
- Seeing Sunshine in $ 20 Bralette Tops | aerie
- Ahhhh…Indian Summer | Flora Grubb
- You’re invited: The Summer 10 Day Health Challenge next week! | The Pad Studios
Three tips to help you add a dose of sunshine to your next subject line
1. Draw attention with summer words and phrases
How are you celebrating summer at your business? Let it shine through in your email subject lines, but remember to keep it short and attention-grabbing. Use common summer words and references like these suggestions:
- Celebrate summer with a heat wave sale
- Provide solutions to summer problems like mosquitoes and sunburn
- Make a list of lawn maintenance tips or suggestions for a fun family grill out
- Talk about summer must-haves, summer safety or summer places
- Use summer words and phrases like fun in the sun, beat the heat, high temps and dog days of summer
Where appropriate you can also consider using seasonal emojis – but be sure to test their performance and deliverability!
2. Promote a summer sale
An easy way to tie your email to summer is to promote a seasonal sale. Craft an exciting line that encourages customers to open the email immediately. Tell them exactly what they’ll see when they open it. For example, “Don’t miss out on the big summer sale — Promo codes inside,” or “Save 40% on all summer merchandise.” You could also tie your sale to a summer holiday, from Memorial Day to the 4th of July to Labor Day.
3. Create a calendar of local events
People will look forward to your emails if they know they’re getting more than just an in-your-face promotion. Everyone wants to know about the hottest and most popular summer events, so add a calendar of local events to your emails. Give your customers something to get excited about, from local fireworks to the best farmers markets around town.
Don’t let all that hard work on your email marketing campaigns go to waste. Use these tips to keep your open rates up and your business growing all summer long.
Spend less time reaching more customers
Editor’s Note: This blog post was originally published in June 2015 and has been revamped and updated for accuracy and relevance.
© 2017, Contributing Author. All rights reserved.
The post 50 summer subject lines + 3 tips for sunny copywriting appeared first on Vertical Response Blog.