If you’ve ever had high hopes about how good your sales were going to be… and then had those hopes destroyed by little to no results?
So often we see business owners who get super excited about launching a new product or service, and they have high hopes about making those sales.
They then proceed to put it out there, push it to social media, email their list, and give something away for free thinking that this is going to be “the thing” that lands them a ton of sales.
But instead, they are met with disappointment and little to no sales at all. So why does that happen?
It happens all the time — we think our sales efforts are going to have bigger results than they actually get.
Why? Because we haven’t yet learned how to make the sale happen NOW.
It’s simple stuff, but many fresh entrepreneurs still haven’t learned how to do it.
Today on the show we talk about:
- making the sale,
- how to avoid the post-launch disappointment,
- and the three essential elements for getting someone to take action and purchase what you have to offer, today!
Inside this episode, we dive into the common scenarios that business owners face when launching a new product or service and why things go so terribly wrong despite having the greatest of intentions for their success.
We also discuss the three ingredients that are necessary for getting someone to buy right now — the essential things that you might be missing your sales efforts. There are things you have to do to get someone to actually make the sale. It is not enough to simply put in the effort and commit to the hustle. It is absolutely key to nurture your audience, warm up your leads, and give them a reason to buy and a reason to buy right now.
“People want to feel understood. That’s what makes people buy.”
Key Points From This Episode:
- Most common examples of failed launches that most business owners face. [0:03:32.0]
- The deflating mental state that is experienced after an unsuccessful launch . [0:07:38.0]
- Common misconceptions of having a big email list; will they buy? [0:11:10.0]
- Understanding if your email list subscribers are qualified to buy your offer. [0:16:06.0]
- Allowing your email list to get to know you better before asking them to buy. [0:18:42.0]
- Why you should not “catfish” your customers; avoiding the bait and switch. [0:21:16.0]
- The process of qualifying a lead and identifying those who are interested. [0:23:31.0]
- Identifying your buyers who are either warm or cold. [0:26:59.0]
- Channels to use got warming up a lead and nurturing a lead. [0:32:31.0]
- Understand the concept of selling vitamins versus painkillers. [0:37:00.0]
- Creating an urgency to purchase by using a launch model instead of an ever-green model. [0:39:01.0]
- Why their reason to buy is based on how well you have nurtured your audience. [0:49:11.0]
- Provide enough details about your offer to debunk the myths and objections. [0:54:50.0]
“Don’t be so limited in your head by what you think other people will think of you.”
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- A Toolkit for Indie Entrepreneurs — https://fizzle.co/toolkit
- Fizzle on Twitter — https://twitter.com/fizzle
- FreshBooks — https://freshbooks.com/fizzle
- Storyblocks — https://www.storyblocks.com/fizzle
- Henry Rollins on The Iron — https://chasereeves.net/2013/henry-rollins-on-the-iron/
- Think Traffic — http://thinktraffic.net
- Defining Your Audience Course — https://fizzle.co/library/defining-your-audience
- 5-Week Free Trial — https://fizzle.co/try5
- Daily Direction Journaling Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/journal
- Start A Blog That Matters — https://fizzle.co/sabtm
“Making The Sale — Three Essential Ingredients That Get Customers To Buy Now”